Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

click click!

I love the sound of the shutter... Ok... so sorry about not posting pictures like i said i was going to... so i shall post.... now!

Motion Assignment:


I'll now be taking guesses on what this one is!

Celebrating the
Commonplace Assignment:
Light and Shadow Assignment:



I have been so frustrated so far this semester.. mostly because i just haven't gotten any feedback, so i didn't know how i was doing. BUT last week, after our commonplace assignment was turned in (the one of the laundry basket), I didn't get my mounted print back. I then found out that it had been put on the best of class board. I was the only person to get 100%. Whoa. Now, it was a little more edited than the one i added here, and it's contrast was awesome. I was so happy. Now that i know i'm doing well I am having so much fun with it! I just took those motion ones over the past week and just turned them in today. I'm pretty excited about them.

On the first day of photography we talked about various types of art, and how photography is debated on whether it tells the truth about its subject, or lies about its subject. I think it can be both. Many pictures are taken to show exactly what the eye sees. But as my motion assignments show, many show something much different, and perhaps more interesting. I prefer the lying type. :) But i think in any case photography always lies a little.. it always aims to make something more beautiful than you ever thought it could be. It can make a tap dancer's feet into a painting.. like my motion photo i said you should guess about (thanks Syd!). I'm finding such joy in learning to display such creativity and emotion.

P.S. All my photos have to be in black and white for this class... it's not that i prefer it... although i do love the contrast don't you?!

2 comments:

  1. bleh. I'm not looking forward to the whole black and white thing. But you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I love these! My favorite one is the one with the matches. You look professional already!

    ReplyDelete